You may have heard about reflexology, an ancient Chinese practice that is based on unblocking energy channels in your body. While it is often touted as the ultimate relaxation technique, it can also greatly improve your health! Here are a few simple ways that targeting the reflexes in your feet can affect other parts of your body!
- Circulation. Get the blood flowing! Using a reflexology map a practitioner can use application of stroking pressure to specific points in the feet to increase your blood flow to vital organs.
- Regularity. Foot reflexology has been shown to get things moving through your intestines and colon to ensure that your body remains or returns to a regular state of periodic elimination.
- Memory. Keep your memory fresh by applying reflexology techniques to the first three toes of each foot. This improves the flow of blood to your hear, ensuring your brain stays alert.
- Relaxation. This may seem like an obvious one, but there is a reflex point for the solar plexus, where stress is contained, in your feet! Working with this reflex point brings your body into a state of deep stress relief which can in turn positively impact your immune system.
- Pain Reduction. By applying pressure to certain points in the feet, endorphins that stop pain signals from being delivered to the brain can cause relief in several areas of the body including head, back and intestines as well as fighting stress, menstrual cramps, digestive problems, respiratory issues and asthma.
Whatever discomfort you are experiencing in your body or if you just need to ease some anxiety, find relief through reflexology!
Abridged from Adler Footcare – Read More